The Jumping Through March fitness challenge is all about jumping and building core strength. This daily exercise routine consists of two parts.
Click March Fitness Challenge for an editable copy of “Jumping through March!”
Part One – JUMPING
- Choose either to complete jumping jacks or jump rope. Both exercises are an awesome way to increase your heart rate. If you are just learning to jump rope, you can begin each workout with jump rope, and then finish with jumping jacks. Combining the exercises is perfectly fine.
- Choose Level 1 or Level 2. Each level consistently increases in repetitions each day. Notice that level 2 is more challenging than 1. You may switch levels at any point based on your level of fitness. Remember, if you find that you’re barely breaking a sweat, increase the repetitions at your own rate each day.
- Complete the number of repetitions on the calendar each day. For example, on March 1, you will complete 25 jumping jacks/rope turns for level 1 or 75 jumping jacks/rope turns for level 2. If you miss a day, simply pick up where you left off.
Part Two – PLANK CHALLENGE
- Hold a plank pose for as long as you can each day. You can choose either a traditional low plank or a high plank.
- Try to increase your maximum time each day. Throughout the month your core strength will increase as long as you put in the work and push yourself!
- Log your time. Each day you complete the plank challenge, be sure to add your time to the calendar so you can track your progress.
Click March Fitness Challenge for an editable document of the fitness challenge!
Turn in your calendar to your PE coach at the end of the month to earn an award certificate and a fitness charm! Good luck!
If you enjoyed this post, consider following my blog to receive future posts.
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/justybubpe.
Check out my Facebook group called Keeping Kids in Motion!